Friday, 23 March 2018

More Than Half Of Tenants In London Feel Less Able To Buy Than A Year Ago

Some 64% of tenants in London’s private rented sector want to own their own home but more than half feel less able to buy than a year ago, new research has found. Overall 71% of tenants are happy living in a rented home, but only 25% want to stay living in rented property long term, according to a study from Kinleigh Folkard and Hayward (KFH). Of those wanting to buy over half, 52%, feel the chances of doing so has decreased over the last 12 months and 48% of tenants expect rents to rise 1.1% over the next 12 months. On average, tenants expect to continue renting in London for a little over four years but the vast majority expect to pay more with just 2% thinking that rents will fall. Read more on the Property Wire website.

No comments: