When I first heard, a few days beforehand, that David
Cameron would be on the same Andrew Marr show as my band Squeeze, I thought
about changing the lyrics to the song we would perform in protest – in fact, I
thought about redoing the whole thing. But then the next day I thought: “No,
that would be a ridiculous thing to do.” So I didn’t write any new lyrics in
advance. But then, just 10 minutes or so before we went on, I was listening to
the interview he gave to Marr and he was talking about his housing policy. And
I felt: “I have to say something.” Cameron was talking about knocking down sink
estates and rebuilding “affordable housing”. It has got to the point where
people are no longer able to live in the areas where they grew up unless they
have some sort of financial help. Read more on the Guardian website.
We would like to speak to homeless people in England living in temporary
accommodation including B&Bs and hotels
-
How long have you been in this accommodation? What are the conditions like?
Councils in England spent £2.93bn on temporary accommodation for homeless
ho...
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment